City & Guilds 2357 and 5357 NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures)
This is a bridging course for those who have already achieved the C&G 2330, 236, 8202 or 2365 Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and now wish to progress onto the full C&G 2357 or 5357 NVQ Level 3 Diploma. This is required for registration as an Electrician/Approved Contractor through JIB, NICEIC, Napit and Elecsa.
Who is it suitable for?
This is the ideal course for those who have experience of the industry and wish to move into a more managerial role or develop their skills.
• Candidates will need C&G 2330, 8202, 236 or 2365 Level 2 & Level 3
• Employed in the electrical industry covering a range of installation work, eg, Commercial/Industrial three-phase installations.
What the course covers
The 2357 or 5357 is carried out at the candidate’s place of employment and assessed through a performance-based portfolio. During the NVQ we will help you to:
• Expand on C&G 2365 units 302, 303 and 305; prepare you for the Transfer of Knowledge from 2365 Bridging Assignment.
• Health & safety legislation, planning & selection for the installation of electro-techinical equipment and systems & fault finding.
• Prepare you for Professional Discussion: a focus on what your responsibilities are towards your clients.
• One of our experienced Electrical Academy assessors will visit you 3/4 times on-site to help you build your site-based portfolio.
Who is it for?
The City & Guilds 2357 or 5357 qualification is aimed at electricians who require an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation, which can increase employment opportunities.
* It’s now mandatory for all candidates who enrol onto the 2357 NVQ to complete their AM2 (Assessment Measurement) assessment prior to finishing the portfolio. This 3-day assessment is delivered at designated NET training centres and isn’t part of Electrical Academy’s training.
Assessment and exams
• A performance-based portfolio which assesses C&G 2357 or 5357 performance units. This involves the entire range of electrical installation work for the site-based portfolio and on-site assessment. (C&G 2357 units include 311-313, 315-318).
• The AM2 (2357-399) is a 3-day assessment (not offered by the Electrical Academy).
Hands on training for success
All Electrical Academy course trainers have decades of teaching experience. Your assessor will work with you to ensure you meet the relevant C&G requirements to complete the course.
Course equipment requirements
• City & Guilds 2357 or 5357 logbook
• You must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
One year, includes three site visits
£1,260.00 inc VAT, City and Guilds registration and exam fees